Make every word ring. Let it serve a purpose.
A lot will be left on the cutting floor, the raw file or wherever you toss your crumpled words.
Yet, most of what is remaining will remain with the audience.
- Come to the point before they get intellectually tired.
- Build up the tension within your material to keep them engaged.
- Treat technical speeches like you would an enthralling story. Everyone loves a little drama.
- Prepare for 80% of the time allotted. (8 minutes of content for a 10-minute slot).
- Wait. Allow them to laugh, applause or stoop to grab the Kleenex.